Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Page-Turners

Here is a peek at what we have been reading in our little home...

How to be a Domestic Goddess: Baking and the Art of Comfort Cooking
by Nigella Lawson

It is still to be determined if reading this book cover-to-cover will get me off my rear to actually bake something as divine as a fairy cake or homemade brownies or a batch of "my family will adore me" cookies. But, in the meantime, I have enjoyed her colorful language and amazing food descriptions. Reading about these delicacies is almost as good as eating them.
I am lying, of course.

Quiet in the Garden by Aliki

A cute little story with gentle, colorful illustrations and just the right amount of repetition (enough for the kids to recognize, but not enough to drive mom and dad insane.) It explores the concept of foods eaten by wild animals and foods that grow in the garden. I hope to use this book in the fall when we plant a little garden in our backyard. I am hoping that by putting this out in the "blogosphere" I become accountable and actually plant the aforementioned garden.






No comments:

Post a Comment