Tuesday, June 1, 2010

They Had Me At 'Butter'

We had an impromptu Memorial Day gathering at our house complete with wiffle ball, the kiddie pool and scooter rides. My favorite moment was when I went inside to check on dinner and when I came out all of the kids were running around naked. What is about kids and being naked? They certainly relish it.

While the kids ate mini pizzas, the "grown-ups" ate a perfect summary meal: green salad, pasta salad, crusty bread and baked tilapia. I quite consistently overcook fish, but this simple recipe helped me turn out some tasty fish that was not as dry as a bone. A miracle, so I thought I would pass it on.

Baked Tilapia

2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
pepper
salt
dill
paprika
4 tilapia fillets

Saute butter in pan until simmering. Add minced garlic and allow to cook for a few minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan. Brush the bottom of a baking pan with butter mixture. Place fillets on top of the butter and then brush remaining butter mixture on top of the tilapia. Bake for 25 minutes or until flaky. (I tend to add herbs and such without measuring. It is the only way I will cook a recipe more than once, because it is fast and I can make the meal from memory.)

Recipe adapted from Southernfood.about.com



No comments:

Post a Comment